Capstone Study Abroad Parent Resources
This page updated regularly with information for 5th grade parents. Contact Capstone Coordinator, Meredith Fleming with questions or comments (email@example.com or 503-226-2496 ext. 118)
Capstone Resources for TIS Parents:
Links and documents:
- Capstone Study Abroad General Information Page
- Exhibition General Information Page
- Capstone Study Abroad: Information for TIS Families (pdf)
- Letter from a veteran Capstone parent (pdf)
- 5th grade Exhibition & Capstone Info Session: April 27th, 2017
- Capstone Info Session: 8:15am, Arthur Conference Room. General overview of Capstone, parents of students in all grades are invited.
- 5th Grade Exhibition: all day, Learners' Hall. Exhibition is a special unit of the IB PYP that is designed and executed by the students themselves. An event not to be missed!
- 4th Grade Parent Meeting: May 10, 6:30pm, Learners' Hall - this meeting is for 4th grade parents only.
Capstone 2017 Details & Resources:
Official Program Dates*
March 9 - March 24, 2017
- Spanish Track: Depart Portland by March 9th
- Chinese/Japanese Track: Depart Portland by March 8th
* Students and responsible chaperones are required to be in the host city during the official program dates.
- Spanish Track (Final as of 12.12.16)
- Japanese Track (Final as of 9.28.16)
- Chinese Track (Final as of 2.28.17)
- May 18, 2016 Parent Meeting Presentation
- September 14, 2016 - Chinese Track
- September 14, 2016 - Spanish Track
- September 22, 2016 - Japanese Track
References and Required Documents:
- Responsible Chaperone responsibilities (Capstone Handbook page 14)
- Capstone Reimbursement Request Form (for requesting Student Stipend and/or China Visa fee reimbursement)
- Capstone Handbook (August 2016 Edition)
- Required Documents (includes ALL forms and checklist)
- Capstone Travel Affidavit (Required if the student's legal guardian(s) will not travel on either the outbound or inbound flight) - Not sure if you need this? Ask Meredith.
Host Schools 2017:
- Spanish Track: Escuela Modelo, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico (9th year visiting)
- Japanese Track: Takadai Elementary School, Chitose, Hokkaido, China (6th year visiting)
- Chinese Track: Suzhou Experimental Elementary School, Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, China (3rd year visiting)
International Air Travel:
All student flights will be arranged and purchased by TIS through the school designated travel agent. Pre or post program travel extensions can be arranged by contacting the travel agent directly. Parents will be responsible for costs incurred for changes to student travel arrangements. Parent chaperones and accompanying family members may purchase through the agent or on their own. All Capstone participant travel plans must be communicated in writing to the Capstone Coordinator.
Contact: Capstone Coordinator, Meredith Fleming or Head of School, Robert Woods
503-226-2496, ext 118; firstname.lastname@example.org.