Last week I was so quick to say that some classes were all set with their room parents, but I was clearly living in an old world where we only had one class per grade! We won't know who is in which class until the week before school starts, so I'd love to get 3-4 volunteers/backups for each track/grade where there will be more than one class. With that in mind, please see the accounting below.
Think you might be interested? Room parents help the teacher and sign up other parents in the class to help when organizing is needed (for class parties, field trips and special activities). See list of responsibilities at intlschool.org/room-parents. If you're interested in being a room parent or sharing the job, please click here to sign up! Here's what we have so far:
- Spanish PreK: 1 person signed up, need 2-3 more
- Spanish LowK: 2 people signed up, good to have 2 more (so for both classes)
- Spanish kinder: 2-3 people signed up, want to be a backup?
- Spanish 1st: 3 people signed up, want to be a backup?
- Spanish 2nd: 1 parent signed up, need 1-2 more
- Spanish 3rd: need 2-4 people
- Spanish 4th: 2 people signed up, might need for the other class
- Spanish 5th: need 2-4 people
- Japanese PreK/LowK: need 1-2 people
- Japanese kinder: 1 parent signed up, looking for a partner
- Japanese 1st: need 1-2 people
- Japanese 2nd/3rd: need 1-2 people
- Japanese 4th/5th: need 1-2 people
- Chinese PreK: 1 parent signed up, looking for a partner
- Chinese LowK: need 2 people
- Chinese Kinder: 1 parent signed up, need 1-3 others
- Chinese 1st: 1 parent signed up, need 1-3 others
- Chinese 2nd: 1 parent signed up, need 1-3 others
- Chinese 4th: 2 parents signed up, this class is ready!
- Chinese 5th: need 1-2 people
Of course please let me know if you have any questions - LindaB@intlschool.org. Thank you!!
P.S. The photo in this post was taken on the 1st day of school last year. Right before my eyes, the student in the photo began to understand what "let's put your lunchbox in your cubby" meant in Chinese!!