The library is a very busy place this year. All homeroom classes visit weekly, including the little ones in our new library on the EC Campus!
This year the school received a wonderful donation from a local company, learning.com. The donation is a web-based digital literacy curriculum, featuring self-paced lessons and games to practice technology and research skills, learn about internet safety and etiquette, activities to reinforce concepts, inquiry lessons and quizzes to check for understanding. So far, this has been a big hit with the kids! Each student has his or her own login and password. The students are currently using iPads to complete lessons during library classes. However, if you are interested in your child learning keyboarding skills with a full-size keyboard, learning.com has an excellent self-paced program you may access from home. Please feel free to email me if you would like more information about this new learning tool.
- Fourth graders are participating in the National Geographic Geography Bee this year!
- The TIS Library Reading Challenge begins Nov. 3! This year's theme is Across Time and Culture. More information will be coming home with your child the last week of October.
- The TIS Library has its own website where you can access PYP resources and ebooks, and find out about library policies and the latest library happenings.
- The Scholastic Reading Club is accessible online at any time. Purchases benefit the library and classrooms.
- Thank you to Wendie Martin and Enthusiast Media Group for donating the awesome purple library book bags for our kinder students!