The past two weeks of Main Campus drop off and pickup have been quite slow, as staff and parents alike get used to the new routine. Fortunately, the traffic flow does seem to be improving steadily!
Here are a few items to keep in mind over the next few weeks.
- Traffic is minimal before 7:45am and after 3:30pm. If you can come early in the morning and wait a bit before coming in the afternoon, you will not have to sit in traffic.
- The sidewalk on Sherman is now complete. This will lengthen the zone for drop off and pickup allow better access for the crosswalk
- We have had several instances of individuals waiting on Sherman Street before dismissal time, without having their pickup numbers entered into the system. If you arrive early for curbside dismissal, you must wait at the corner of Caruthers and Water to be entered into the system. This is the only way that we know to begin to retrieve your student.
- Morning curbside drop-off ends at 7:55am. If you arrive after 7:55 in the morning, Mark and Eros may direct you to park on Sherman. You will then be able to escort your student(s) to their classroom building.
- PGE is scheduled to finish its work on Caruthers in November. This will allow full access to parking on that street.
The safety and well-being of our students is our utmost priority. This is a reminder to please do your part by driving slowly, and staying off of your cell phone while driving and parking around our Main and Early Childhood campuses. PLEASE CURB YOUR TIRES while parked or stopped on Main Campus hills.