Who's Who at The International School?
Click here for Administrative Staff Bios.
Education Leadership Team
Head of School
Robert Woods, RobertW@intlschool.org, 503-226-2496
Assistant - Lisa San Gabriel 503-226-2496 x121
Contact Robert for general information about the school, strategy, future planning. Questions about the TIS mission, vision, program, facilities, staffing, contributing to TIS, working with the Board of Trustees.
For Kinder through 5th Grade: Questions or concerns about your child, teacher or the program (for class issues, please speak with the teacher first), child development referrals, safety concerns, morning drop-off or afternoon pick-up.
Contact Maria for school events, school calendar, teacher assistants, Early Childhood Campus. For PreK & LowK: Questions or concerns about your child, teacher or the program (for class issues, please speak with the teacher first), child development referrals, safety concerns, morning drop-off or afternoon pick-up.
International Baccalaureate Director
Abelid Verri, AbbyV@intlschool.org, 503-226-2496 x106
Contact the IB Director for the IB program and how children learn through the IB, questions about your child’s experience with the IB program in the classroom & outside of school. For teachers: school supply purchases.
Contact Ariana for individualized student needs and support (intervention plans, Student Support Services, TAG, special education); measurement and assessment.
Senior Administrative Team
Summer Camp Director, Capstone & Transportation Coordinator
Meredith Fleming, MeredithF@intlschool.org, 503-226-2496 x118
Contact Meredith for Summer Camp (from registration to hiring to planning to daily operations), Capstone Study Abroad Program, including Capstone forms (collected from parents), booking flights and hotels and other related items, Transportation questions around buses/streetcar/parent drivers for field trips and transportation around campus-wide events such as festivals and Mile Run Day.
HR, People, & Culture
Marguerite Mcaleer, MargueriteM@intlschool.org, 503-226-2496 x107
Contact Marguerite for Payroll Processing, Direct Deposit, Deductions, Payroll Advances, Employment, Recruiting and Hiring Process, Visa or work authorization questions, Benefits Administration (Medical, Dental, Cafeteria Plan, 403(b) Plan), Leave Administration (FMLA/OFLA), Compliance (Policies and Procedures), Performance Management, Employee Relations.
Lauren Riegelnegg, LaurenR@intlschool.org, 503-226-2496 x117
Contact Lauren for general fundraising programs, TIS Auction Gala & Annual Fund, donor relations & events, fundraising reports including Annual Report, community events, volunteer coordination
Marketing & Communications Director
Katharine Simons, KatS@intlschool.org, 503-226-2496 x109
Contact Kat for web site & social media sites, advertising, school literature, school videos, In The Know parent news bulletin, TIS News & other school communication, events for prospective families & re-enrollment, “TIS History”. project, room parents.
Director of Finance and Operations
Rob Timmons, RobT@intlschool.org, 503-226-2496 x108
Contact Rob for Tuition and fees, accounts payable, vendor relations, campus building access cards/PINs, purchase order and reimbursement policy guidance.
Jan Williams, JanW@intlschool.org, 503-226-2496 x110
Contact Jan for admissions for new families, tours & events for prospective families, re-enrollment for returning families, financial aid.
Administrative & Support Staff
Health & Safety Coordinator
Sonya Alexander, SonyaA@Intlschool.org, 503-226-2496 x199
Contact the Health & Safety Coordinator if your child has a medical condition that the school should know about, if you have a question about an accident report, or about other health-related circumstances.
Marketing & Admissions Assistant
Chelsea Bock, email@example.com
Contact Chelsea for general questions, school events, and Parent Network Activities.
Alumni & Engagement Manager
Lisa Olivares, LisaO@intlschool.org, 503-226-2496 x116
Contact Lisa about fundraising events including Auction Gala and Run For the Arts; Annual Giving Campaign; 5th Grade Graduation; Alumni relations and events.
The Facilities Team maintains, repairs and cleans the buildings/grounds and provide security. Our #1 priority: A well maintained, clean and secure campus for the kids. Parents: if you see something about our physical campus that needs attention, please tell any receptionist. Staff: if you need help from facilities, please file a maintenance request through the staff web site.
Frank Bojanowski, FrankB@intlschool.org, 503-226-2496 x113
Eros Minera, ErosM@intlschool.org
Facilities Technology Assistant
Vitaliy Gabor, VitaliyG@intlschool.org
Mark Usher, MarkU@intlschool.org
Contact Mark for staff IT support & technology infrastructure.
Chinese Track Faculty
Click here for Chinese Track Bios.
- Sophia Antonis, SophiaA@intlschool.org - 1st grade
- Christy Appleberry, ChristieA@intlschool.org - 5th Grade
- Charlotte Chen, CharlotteC@intlschool.org - 2nd Grade
- Ju-Ya Cheng, JuYaC@intlschool.org - LowK (4-year-olds)
- Candy Lee, CandyL@intlschool.org - PreK (3-year-olds)
- YiFeng Gao, YifengG@intlschool.org - 4th grade
- Hu Nan, HuN@intlschool.org - 1st grade
- Yu Yen Lee, YuyenL@intlschool.org - LowK (4-year-olds)
- Yu Min Liu, Yuminl@intlschool.org - 4th grade
- Chinyu Pan (Emily), EmilyP@intlschool.org - Kindergarten
- Maggie Yihyun, MaggieY@intlschool.org - 3rd grade
- Aiyun Yin, AiyunY@intlschool.org - 2nd grade
- TongFang Zhao, TongfangZ@intlschool.org - Kindergarten Teacher
- Jennifer Zhu, JenniferZ@intlschool.org - 3rd grade
- Susan Wang, SusanW@intlschool.org
- Yi Guan, YiG@intlschool.org
- JingJing Song, JingJingS@intlschool.org
Japanese Track Faculty
Click here for Japanese Track Bios.
- Keiko Buckendahl, KeikoB@intlschool.org - Teaching Assistant
- Chisa Chilgren, ChisaC@intlschool.org - PreK (3-year-olds)
- Hideko Forzley, HidekoF@intlschool.org - Kindergarten
- Takanori Fujii, TakaF@intlschool.org - 4th/5th grade
- Akiko Grimm, AkikoG@intlschool.org - 1st grade
- Junko O'Neill, Junko@intlschool.org - LowK (4-year-olds)
- Masami Maruki, MasamiM@intlschool.org - 2nd/3rd grade
- Keiko Peffley, KeikoP@intlschool.org
Spanish Track Faculty
Click here for Spanish Track Bios
- Adriana Burrola, AdrianaB@intlschool.org - 3rd grade
- Paula Cano, PaulaC@intlschool.org - 1st Grade
- Lorena Espino, LorenaE@intlschool.org - LowK (4-year-olds)
- Paola Gagliardo, PaolaG@intlschool.org - 4th grade
- Celina Gutierrez, CelinaG@intlschool.org - 2nd Grade
- Vicky LaMear, VickyL@intlschool.org - PreK (3-year-olds)
- Mercedes Martinez, MercyM@intlschool.org - 5th grade
- Adela Pedrosa-Correa, firstname.lastname@example.org - Kindergarten
- Lorena Perellon, LorenaP@intlschool.org - Kindergarten
- Gilberto Rios Garcia, email@example.com - 4th grade
- Patricia Saldarriaga, PatriciaS@intlschool.org - 2nd grade
- Ivonne Tellez, IvonneT@intlschool.org - 1st grade
- Norma Torres Alonso, firstname.lastname@example.org - 3rd grade
- Jossie Torres-Jurado, JossieT@intlschool.org - LowK (4-year-olds)
- Constanza Wilkes, ConstanzaW@intlschool.org - 5th grade
- Isabel Arroyo, IsabelA@intlschool.org
- Lucia Guerra, LuciaG@intlschool.org
- Judith Masjuan, JudithM@intlschool.org
- Luzmila Solari, LuzmilaS@intlschool.org
- Carmen Vega-Martinez, CarmenV@intlschool.org
Library, Art, Music & PE: Click here for bios
- Librarian: Lora Ward, email@example.com, 503-226-2496 x115
- P.E. 2nd to 5th grades: Robert Briglia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- P.E. PK, LK, K & 1st grade: David Platt, email@example.com
- Art 2nd to 5th grades: Sarah Harpole, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art PK, LK, K & 1st grade: Carolina Barros, email@example.com
- Music 2nd to 5th grades: Peter Musselman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music PK, LK, K & 1st grade: Kami Richards, email@example.com
English Department: click here for bios
- Dan Pack, DanP@intlschool.org
- Britt Prince, BrittP@intlschool.org
- Janet Olson, JanetO@intlschool.org
- Meghan Robertson, MeghanR@intlschool.org
- Allegra Ruggles, AllegraR@intlschool.org
- Deanna Sundberg, DeannaS@intlschool.org
- Board of Trustees, firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for information about our board.